Plant Based Collard Wraps with Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower are a surprisingly delicious vegan meal that can be taken on-the-go! These Sweet & Spicy Vegan Collard Wraps are made with crunchy veggies, sweet & spicy cauliflower, and mashed sweet potatoes.
This plant based recipe is perfect for weight loss because it is low in calories, high in fiber, and full of satisfying flavor so you will enjoy eating them and be full after! Plus, these vegan wraps are super colorful and pretty!
Interested in quick & easy vegan meal ideas? (Who isn’t?!) Enter your email for a FREE vegan recipe eBook with 10 vegan dinners that are ready in 30 minutes or less!
The cauliflower shines in these sweet & spicy wraps because it is a flavor-bomb of sweet & spicy! The cauliflower is roasted with a touch of maple syrup combined with buffalo sauce and smoky spices that will have you looking forward to these plant based collard wraps all day!
How do You Make a Collard Wrap?
- First, cut off the thick part of the collard leaf’s stem. Do this by angling the knife so it is nearly parallel to the stem, then carefully slicing your way from toward the bottom of the leaf.
Optional: for a softer wrap, microwave the stems for 10 seconds. They can all be stacked on top of each other in the microwave. OR you can steam them for 1 minute.
2. Arrange the veggies in on the leaf, keeping them towards the bottom and in the center.
3. Fold the sides of the collard leaf inwards on top of the veggies.
4. Roll from the bottom of the leaf up and over the veggies, like a burrito.
5. Continue to roll until the wrap is complete!
If you choose to keep the leaf raw, you may need a toothpick to keep the wrap from un-rolling.
The best thing about a rainbow collard wrap, is that you can choose any fruits/veggies you like to add in. In addition to the veggies in the recipe for these vegan Collard Wraps with sweet and spicy cauliflower, here are some more flavorful add-ins to mix it up:
- Tropical fruit, like mango, papaya, or pineapple
- Rice noodles
- Extra greens (you can never have too many greens!)
- Citrus, like tangerines or grapefruit
- Almond butter (it’s not weird, trust me)
I hope you enjoy these sweet & spicy plant based rainbow wraps! I love to dip them in extra sauce that I drizzled on the cauliflower, so good! For even more tasty recipes, check out my cookbooks.
You can treat this recipe as a healthy plant based meal prep for a few days to help lose weight or just to get more veggies into your diet. Either way, these vegan collard wraps are delicious and you will enjoy eating them =]
If you’re looking for more veggie-full plant based recipes, check out these healthy meals:
Follow Rooty Fruity Vegan on social media and YouTube!
Plant Based Collard Wraps with Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower
Sweet & Spicy Collard Wraps are plant based, perfect for weight loss, and super flavorful! The can be a healthy meal-prep recipe and will help you get more veggies into your diet in a tasty way!
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time35 min
- Yield4 wraps
- Serving Size2 wraps
For the Sweet & Spicy Cauliflower
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 TBSP buffalo sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the Wrap
- 2 cups chopped and peeled sweet potato
- sliced cucumber
- sliced or shredded carrot
- shredded purple cabbage
- 4 collard leaves, lightly steamed and stem removed (see above for photo instructions)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, paprika, and garlic powder. Whisk well and add the cauliflower to the bowl. Mix until coated.
Place the cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
Meanwhile, steam the sweet potato 7-10 minutes, or until soft. Drain excess water and mash with fork.
Meanwhile, prepare the veggies you are adding to your wrap and make extra sauce if desired.
To make each wrap, place a fourth of the sweet potato mash on each leaf, toward the bottom and lay the veggies and some cauliflower on top of it.
Roll the collard wraps (photo instructions above): Fold in the sides of the leaf over the veggies and roll from the bottom, up. Complete for all four wraps.
Enjoy this easy and delicious collard wrap recipe! If you try it, snap a pic, post it, and tag me so I can see your beautiful rainbow wrap =]
Fore more delicious recipes, see my cookbooks and subscribe to my YouTube channel