Vegan mac & cheese meets cozy fall flavors! This vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese recipe is one I crave to make as soon as the leaves begin to turn. I hope you find comfort in this easy vegan dinner recipe, just like I do!
This creamy pumpkin pasta is ready in just 20 minutes, so you can have a delicious fall-themed plant based dinner any day of the week, no matter how busy you are. All you need is a handful of simple ingredients and a high speed blender.
How do you make vegan pumpkin mac and cheese?
Making vegan mac and cheese is simple. Here are the key ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- Potato – steamed potato gives the pumpkin cheese sauce volume and a thick creamy texture.
- Cashews or hemp seeds – mild flavored nuts and seeds add velvety smooth creaminess to the vegan cheese sauce, as well as healthy fats.
- Nutritional yeast – this ingredient is the key to cheesy flavor for any vegan dish.
- White miso – Adds a tangy saltiness that brings out the cheesy flavors of the nutritional yeast.
- Pumpkin puree – Obviously necessary for a pumpkin infused mac and cheese! Look for canned pumpkin puree where the only ingredient is “pumpkin.”
Interested in quick & easy vegan meal ideas? (Who isn’t?!) Enter your email for a FREE vegan recipe eBook with 10 vegan dinners that are ready in 30 minutes or less!
Watch How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel For More!
Looking for more Fall Recipes to share with friends and family this holiday season? Check out my Vegan Holiday Cookbook. This eBook includes traditional veganized holiday recipes, like stuffed squash, roasted potatoes, and mini pies. Plus many seasonal recipes that everyone will be thrilled about like holiday lasagna, sweet potato pitas, and “cheese balls”!
As always, a portion of this purchase helps save wildlife and wild places!
Vegan Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
Quick and easy vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is a creamy and delicious dinner that is ready in less than 20 minutes. This plant based pasta is infused with comforting fall flavors of pumpkin for the best fall-themed family meal.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time20 min
- 1 + 1/3 cup peeled and chopped potato
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP white miso
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 16 oz. pasta
Steam the potato for 5-7 minutes, or until soft. Drain and transfer to a high speed blender.
Add the remaining ingredients to the blender (except the pasta, of course), and blend until super smooth and creamy.
Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain the water, and then pour in the pumpkin cheese sauce. Mix to coat the pasta with the sauce, garnish with cracked black pepper and serve!
I hope you enjoy this Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese recipe. Share your creation on social media and tag me, I’d love to see it! Check out my recipe eBooks for more awesome plant based meals!