Cold brew was usually something I would get at a coffee shop where all the flavored drinks were made with powders and syrups with questionable ingredients and baristas that had no idea what I meant when I asked, “is there dairy in that?”
Then one day the flavored foams for cold brew came into my life…cinnamon almond, cocoa almond….Mmmm. Then came Fall, the best season of all, and Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew appeared! Unfortunately, this one was not vegan and could not be made vegan and I sadly ordered a regular cold brew with coconut milk. Bummer!
My discouragement only led me to make the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew myself and make it vegan. All it took was about 5 tries…seriously I messed up so many times for such a simple recipe! Honestly, what brought success was the purchase of a milk frother. I was confident I could foam my milk with the steamer on my espresso machine (too hot) then my Vitamix (nope). Maybe coconut cream was too dense (yes). Well the recipe here works great with a milk frother. I purchased this one, the white one with the unicorn of course (easiest decision of my life).
How do you make dairy-free pumpkin cold brew?
- Get a milk frother if you don’t already have one. It’s also amazing for making matcha lattes, which is irrelevant to this post but I feel like I need to tell you.
- Combine the non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla in a cup or mason jar. I like using a mason jar so I can put a lid on it for leftovers and use it for a couple days (re-frothing before use).
- Bust out the cold brew and pour it in a cup, add ice if that’s your thing.
- Froth the milk and pumpkin mixture until foamy. It takes 30-60 seconds depending on how foamy you like it.
- Pour the frothed vegan pumpkin cream over the cold brew, mix if you prefer, and enjoy immediately!
Interested in quick & easy vegan meal ideas? (Who isn’t?!) Enter your email for a FREE vegan recipe eBook with 10 vegan dinners that are ready in 30 minutes or less!
Making vegan Pumpkin Cold Brew is quick and easy so it can be a treat anytime of day, just remember it is coffee so maybe not after 3pm.
For more recipes, check out my recipe archive and vegan cookbooks. And follow me on social media (links below) and subscribe to my YouTube channel to help support this blog!
Looking for more Fall Recipes to share with friends and family this holiday season? Check out my Vegan Holiday Cookbook. This eBook includes traditional veganized holiday recipes, like stuffed squash, roasted potatoes, and mini pies. Plus many seasonal recipes that everyone will be thrilled about like holiday lasagna, sweet potato pitas, and “cheese balls”!
As always, a portion of this purchase helps save wildlife and wild places!
I’m sure by now you’re getting thirsty. So here is the recipe for this simple Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew:
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew (dairy-free/vegan)
An easy vegan and dairy free Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe to make everyday or as a special Fall-themed treat.
- Total Time5 min
- Yield~1 cup
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 2 TBSP pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Combine all of the ingredients in a jar or cup. Use a milk frother to blend the ingredients into a smooth foam.
Prepare your cold brew and add ice if desired.
Pour the pumpkin cream foam over the cold brew, mix if desired, and enjoy immediately!
I hope you enjoy this easy dairy-free Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew recipe. Check out my eCookbooks for more tasty vegan recipes.