Sandwiches are the best. They taste good and make vegan lunches quick, simple, and satisfying. This Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich makes a delicious and easy vegan lunch (or any meal, really).
Chickpea Salad is a vegan version of chicken salad that can be used as a perfect healthy meal prep. The sandwich filling can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and is ready to spice up your sandwich life throughout the week!
How to Make Vegan Chickpea Salad
Making vegan chickenless salad is as easy as 1-2-3! Here are the simple steps:
- In a large bowl, mash up some chickpeas. For a smoother texture, pulse in a food processor, like this one.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients: vegan mayo, spices, and chopped veggies.
- Spread onto bread, top with sandwich fixings and enjoy!
Like many plant-based meals, Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwiches are delicious and so easy to make that anyone can follow a plant-based diet, so share with your friends and family =]
Vegan Chickpea Salad can be eaten at anytime of day. Here are some more ways to enjoy this easy vegan mock-chicken salad:
- Spread on a bagel
- In a wrap with tons of greens and cucumber
- On corn tortillas for a gluten-free vegan dinner (don’t forget the Sriracha and avocado!)
- On whole grain & seed crackers (like this one) for a simple snack
- Mash the chickpea salad further and use as a veggie dip!
Interested in quick & easy vegan meal ideas? (Who isn’t?!) Enter your email for a FREE vegan recipe eBook with 10 vegan dinners that are ready in 30 minutes or less!
To watch how I make some of these tasty recipes and see what I eat in a normal day as a vegan, subscribe to my YouTube Channel RootyFruityVegan and follow me on social media for more vegan meal inspiration!
I hope you enjoyed this Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich recipe! If you try it out, tag me in your posts on social media, I would love to see it!
Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Chickpea Salad is a delicious vegan alternative to chicken salad. This Chickpea Salad Sandwich is sure to impress your taste buds and make it easy to make a quick vegan lunch. Plus, it is meal-prep friendly, kid-friendly, and easily gluten-free.
- Total Time10 min
- Yield4-5 cups
For the Chickpea Salad
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4-1/3 cup vegan mayo, depending on texture preference
- 2-3 TBSP chopped olives
- 2-3 TBSP diced green onion
- 2-3 TBSP diced pickles (I use Bread & Butter pickles)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
For the Sandwich
- Whole grain or gluten free bread
- Lettuce or mixed greens
- Any topping you like
In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with the mayo and spices until at least half-mashed. Mash further if you prefer.
Gently mix in the remaining Chickpea Salad ingredients. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Assemble sandwiches by spreading the Chickpea Salad onto bread and layering on your favorite toppings. It’s that simple, Enjoy!
Thank you for trying out my Chickpea Salad Sandwich recipe. I hope you enjoy this simple delicious vegan recipe as much as I do!