These gluten free vegan blueberry muffins are fluffy, moist, and perfectly sweet! This vegan muffin recipe is made in one bowl and ready in about 30 minutes.
Here are some reasons to love these muffins:
- Gluten-free (but you can use any type of flour at the same ratio if you like)
- SOO FLUUUFFY!
- Full of juicy blueberries
These easy vegan muffins are perfect for a quick on-the-go snack or breakfast. If you’re up for something amazing, smear some almond butter on top!
When I cook, I prefer to use as little oil as possible. I absolutely love using silicone bakeware to prevent sticking, so I won’t need to oil the pan. For most of my muffin recipes, I use silicone muffin cups instead of paper to reduce waste.
For this recipe, you can use any 1-to-1 gluten free flour, or wheat flour. I choose to make my own gluten free flour, because it is so darn expensive to buy, but the ingredients to make your own are much cheaper!
How to Make Your Own Gluten-Free Flour:
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine 3 1/2 cups rolled oats. Blend until it turns to flour.
- Add 1 cup tapioca flour and 2 tsp agar powder. (the agar is optional, but helps baked goods bind)
- Ta-Da! You’ve just created homemade gluten-free flour! Use in recipes at a 1-to-1 ratio to wheat flour.
Interested in quick & easy vegan meal ideas? (Who isn’t?!) Enter your email for a FREE vegan recipe eBook with 10 vegan dinners that are ready in 30 minutes or less!
I’m excited to share these super fluffy gluten free vegan blueberry muffins with you! Actually, I’m excited to share every recipe with you! Check out my eBooks (psst…there’s freebies), explore my recipes , and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more delicious vegan recipes.
And without further adieu, let’s get into the recipe, shall we?
Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins
These gluten free vegan blueberry muffins are easy to make and require just one bowl and about 30 minutes to make. Share these vegan muffins with your friends and family or keep them all to yourself and freeze some for later.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time30 min
- Yield10 muffins
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 TBSP flaxmeal + 6 TBSP water, let sit 5 minutes)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup mashed over-ripe banana
- 3 cups gluten-free flour (see above for DIY recipe)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Start the flax eggs by mixing together 2 TBSP of flaxmeal with 6 TBSP water, let sit for 5-10 minutes.
In a 2 cup-sized measuring cup, combine the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the mashed banana, flax eggs, and milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into either a lined or oiled muffin tin, or a silicone muffin pan. Filling each muffin cup 3/4 full.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes so you avoid the molten blueberries.
Thank you for trying this recipe! Snap a pic and tag me in your post on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest! I’d love to see it!